Check Distance Between Me and Objects - Underwater

Hilfe/Fehlermeldungen zu PZBsim
referee

Check Distance Between Me and Objects - Underwater

Beitragvon referee » Di 12. Mär 2019, 14:11

I want to measure distance between me and any object, and I want to do this in water. I'm not good at English so I have a drawing.

stopwrinkles

Re: Check Distance Between Me and Objects - Underwater

Beitragvon stopwrinkles » Di 12. Mär 2019, 14:13

referee hat geschrieben:I want to measure distance between me and any object, and I want to do this in water. I'm not good at English so I have a drawing.

If so IR distance sensor would be a cheap option - not exact, but you haven't said how accurately

leedingcaterer

Beitragvon leedingcaterer » Di 12. Mär 2019, 14:13

With a sonar device, there is a chance that the transmitted pulse is too long and will overlap the echo. Check the spec data carefully before purchasing the device.

referee

Beitragvon referee » Di 12. Mär 2019, 14:14

With a sonar device, there is a chance that the transmitted pulse is too long and will overlap the echo. Check the spec data carefully before purchasing the device.

stopwrinkles

Beitragvon stopwrinkles » Di 12. Mär 2019, 14:14

referee hat geschrieben:With a sonar device, there is a chance that the transmitted pulse is too long and will overlap the echo. Check the spec data carefully before purchasing the device.

I think that sensor is meant to operate in air, not water. It's waterproof, not submersible. So even if it survives at your operating depth, it may not work for you, given the different speed of sound in air vs water (and impedance).

leedingcaterer

Beitragvon leedingcaterer » Di 12. Mär 2019, 14:14

You might remember a while ago I told you about a new way to measure geometry in AutoCAD LT 2010 and 2011. MEASUREGEOM is a handy little feature, because it combines a lot of different measurement types and has a nice heads-up display for visual results. But it turns out that the good old DIST command also includes one of the MEASUREGEOM functions – the ability to measure the distance between multiple points. (Note: Don’t get DIST confused with DISTANCE. The first is a command; the second is a read-only system variable that stores the last value of the DIST command. Of course, the command alias DI works too.) After you start DIST, pick your first point, then check out the command line. Notice there’s an option to enter M, for Multiple. Once you do, you get a bunch more options, including Arcs. As you continue to select points, whether along lines or around arcs, the running total is displayed on the command line. Pretty neat, isn’t it? I’m not sure when this was introduced (I don’t have access to all my old versions today), but it’s at least good through 2010. If someone wants to check an earlier version and let me know the result, I’ll update the post.

LiamMason

Beitragvon LiamMason » Do 14. Mär 2019, 09:21

The two warnings in the console are somehow "normal" (the first one means that you graphics card can't run the ColorRamp shader - so the display of distances color might be a bit slower without - and the other means that you don't have the OpenKinect driver installed, therefore, you can't use the Kinect plugin (to grab point clouds from a Kinect device).
If you want to know more details please visit here Check-distance

Zurück zu „Support“